NEW tour launch – Walking in Patagonia: from Bariloche to Ushuaia
Nov 11, 2019
Walking in Patagonia: from Bariloche to Ushuaia
With 12,000 years of continuous history, Patagonia still holds a fascination few travellers have encountered. 90% of its vast steppe-like land is in Argentina and the remaining 10% in Chile; this unique territory borders three oceans and is inhabited by barely 2 million people, occupying an area more than four times larger than the United Kingdom.
Over 18 days, Kudu Travel’s sixth South American itinerary takes in the vastness of Patagonia. On ten of those days, we have opportunities to walk in Patagonian national parks, both in Argentina and Chile.
From the vibrant Argentine capital of Buenos Aires, we travel 1,000 miles to the heart of the Nahuel Huapi National Park in the Argentine Lake District. After a flight 900 miles further south, we explore the Los Glaciares National Park. With half its 600,000 hectares covered in giant icefields and glaciers flowing off the edge to feed the lakes below, visiting the park is travelling back in time to the Ice Age.
Crossing the border to Chile, we visit the Torres del Paine National Park with its eponymous soaring granite towers; lakes; glaciers and a relatively high concentration of the elusive large predator, the puma. Our last stop is the southernmost city of Ushuaia in the Argentine Tierra del Fuego province.
Trip dates: 16 November – 3 December 2020
Full details on www.kudutravel.com/tours/patagonia-walking-tour.